eLS features over 5,000 specially commissioned, peer-reviewed and citable articles in the life sciences and is an essential resource for students.
eLS articles are written by leaders in the field to provide comprehensive and authoritative coverage of each subject area. eLS is updated by approximately 400 articles per year, with new articles publishing on a monthly basis.
"With an impressive list of advisors and authors, broad subject coverage, exquisite articles, and a relatively easy to use interface, eLS is a remarkable resource." — Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship
"This resource is a must-have for all biological sciences libraries and most larger academic and public libraries. It will be used often by undergraduate and graduate biology students." — American Reference Books Annual
• Topic browse spanning the life sciences from cell biology to ecology
• Topic coverage reviewed by a distinguished international scientific advisory team
• Overviews and Suggested Articles to help students learn about topics
• Key Concepts explaining critical learning points for the reader
• Open availability of Abstracts, Key Concepts and Keywords
• Open availability of high-quality illustrations
• Open availability of References and Further Reading
• In-text hyperlinks directly linking related eLS articles
• Article Glossaries
• New and updated articles added on a monthly basis
• Updated articles clearly linked to earlier versions